Thursday, September 24, 2020

Mahj Makeover!!

 

Greetings and salutations from Bubbe, thinking about changing a few things....
 
I don't know about the rest of you, but I haven't had a haircut in over six months. My "bob" has become a flip, like Marlo Thomas in "That Girl." I'm glad to wear a mask in public so nobody can see if I have a breakout on my chin.
 
If, like me, you feel like you don't quite look photo-ready, that's okay. It's understood that we
don't look fancy, we're taking it easy. Except for eye makeup, I don't think anybody's making
any dramatic changes to their appearance.
 
However, if you are determined to do a little self-improvement, Bubbe's got a proposition for
you! In lieu of those standard transformative beauty treatments, how about a mahj makeover?!
I've joined up with the ladies at Modernmahjong.com to provide a few lucky mah jongg players with an analysis of their game and some helpful tips. Hopefully this will make them stronger players.
 
Since I'm involved, you know I'm going to advocate taking a few chances, adding a little more
adventure to their game. First, though, I'm going to make sure they know their fundamentals. After all, preparation is essential. Say it with me: "Luck favors the prepared mind."
 
If you are a frustrated player and want to improve, or perhaps a friend of yours seems to be
stuck in a rut and could benefit from one-on-one mentoring, get in touch with me at
bubbefischer@gmail.com and I'll see if you or your your friend is a candidate for a mahj
makeover! Our first event will be on Wednesday, October 21st (7pm EDT/4 pm PDT), but we hope to do these every month. Even if you're not the special guest, you still can pick up a few great tips just from watching!
 
I also recommend going over to either the Modern mahjong website or their YouTube channel. You can catch up on lectures by some well-known mahj community members, and even a couple from me! There are lectures about mah jongg history, collecting tiles, tournament strategy, etiquette, all sorts of things. It's a fun way to spend a few hours, learning about mah jongg.
 
I'm always happy to hear from you, with any questions you might have. Drop me an email any time!
 
Talk to you soon. 
 
Bubbe

No comments:

Post a Comment